Little Pieces of Spirit (TM)

--the art, poetry, musings of M. David Orr. The focus is on spirituality and living. RSS Feed: http://littlepiecesofspirit.blogspot.com/atom.xml (c) Copyright 2006 by M. David Orr

Monday, September 18, 2006

First Love


--to Martha A.

Off the water shimmering, the image of the moon
Bathed my soul with light, my love was there.
Her skin was white with moon-flake snow,
All honeysuckle breath, chocolate eyes, wisteria hair,
The green grass and brown earth--our bed.
I could hardly breathe the perfumed air.
The stars bedazzled blackened sky,
She dazzled me.
Nothing on earth or heaven, at that moment, was more there.
I touched her moon-flake snow,
Breathed her honeysuckle breath,
Drank her chocolate eyes, and held
As if the years would pull her far away, her fine wisteria hair.

Copyright 2006 by M. David Orr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home